Current Employment Opportunities
Eascan Building Systems is a full service steel building designer, fabricator and builder. Located in Truro, Nova Scotia, we fabricate and erect industrial, commercial, recreational, and agricultural steel buildings as well as general steel fabrication and miscellaneous metals.
We are currently seeking to add a dynamic and driven Structural Engineer to our team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing projects and staff
- Preparation of design calculations and project analysis
- Assessments of existing structural and related building systems
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Valid driver’s license
- Relevant experience in engineering design
- Eligible for registration as a professional engineer with Engineers Nova Scotia as well as other provincial associations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication
- Ability to self-initiate and problem solve
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCad and Advance Steel
What we offer:
- Competitive benefit package including medical, vision, dental, EAP, and more
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Structural Steel Draftsperson
- Preparing 3d models, general layout drawings and drawings for shop fabrication.
- Skills must include AutoCAD, and Advance Steel is preferred.
What We Provide
- Salary to be negotiated.
Structural Steel Building Erector
- Own steel toed safety boots,
- clean driver abstract,
- willingness to travel away from home across the Maritimes,
- ability to work outside in different weather conditions.
To be negotiated, experience in construction required.
Hours of work
40 to 60 hours per week